More affordable and more functional than Personal Locator Beacons (PLB),
cellular-based GPS trackers, and comparable handheld devices.
Unit Cost: $169.99 USD (MSRP)
Service Fee: $99.99 USD
Annual OR $9.99 USD monthly subscription charge. Optional features
include automatic tracking service (SPOTcasting) and guaranteed extraction
service for countries or regions with non-responsive emergency services.
SPOT works around the world, including virtually all of North America,
Europe and Australia, portions of South America, Northern Africa and
Northeastern Asia, and hundreds or thousands of miles offshore of these
Includes 2 AA lithium batteries; under normal usage a full battery charge
should meet or exceed the following:
- Power on, unused: Approx. 1 year
- SPOTcasting tracking mode: Approx. 14 days
- 9-1-1 mode: Up to 7 consecutive days
- SPOTcheck OK/√: 1900 messages
• Operating Temperatures: -40°F to +185°F
• Operating Altitude: -300 feet to +21,000 feet
• Floats in water
• Waterproof to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes
• Humidity Rated:
- MIL-STD-810E Method 507.3, 95% to 100% condensing
• Salt Fog Rated
- Per MIL_STD 810E Method 509.3, 5% NaCl, 95% distilled water
- Per SAE J1455
- Random, 20 Hz to 2000 Hz, 0.04g2/Hz, one hour per axis
- Dropped twice on all six sides from one meter onto hard surface.
• OSHA certified Intrinsically Safe to Class 1, Division 1, Group A-D
• ROHS and WEEE compliant.
• Certified to FCC and CE emissions, immunity and safety regulations.
• Meets FCC part 25 regulations, Canada type approval, CISPR Publication 22
(1985 1st Edition), RTTE Directive (1999/EC), IEC 60950 safety standard, and
European EMC Directive 89/336/EEC.
• Available for purchase from our on-line store or by telephone.